Shaping your child’s inner virtuoso
Led by Director Ms Yap Shu Mei, our teachers are committed and dedicated to provide the best music education. Acquiring her discipline by the finest pedagogues in New England Conservatory USA and Trinity College London and as an active performer, Ms Yap constructs the programmes in Mandeville that best suits music learners of all ages. She is also the Program Director of Singapore International String Conference (SISC) since 2000.
Why Music Lessons With Mandeville?
Music lessons play a key role in your child’s development. It has a wide range of positive effects, not only does music increase creativity, studies have also shown that it improves cognition, reduces anxiety, improves mood, eases pain, improves memory, reduces stress and so much more
- Premier music academy that aid in our students’ development
- Opportunity to be in touch with and master an instrument
- Bring out our students’ inner virtuoso and passion in music
- Integrate music as part of our students’ lives
- Create supportive environments for our students to maintain their passion for their instrument
- Be part of a community of young budding musicians
Visit us on our Social Media Pages: Mandeville (Classes)
Types of instruments & Lessons As a full-fledged music school, we have music classes teaching various musical instruments and disciplines, such as piano, strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass), guitar, ukulele, drum, woodwind and vocal, across different age groups. Mandeville Junior (MJR) – “All Children can excel from young”, MJR lessons are for children under 6 years old. Creative Musicianship Class (CMC) – These music lessons in Singapore will enhance musical knowledge of students through the study of different music period, and develop discipline and responsibility, commitment and respect. The Ensemble Programme – Unique music lessons in Singapore which is a highly specialised programme planned exclusively for students at the music academy to develop performance skills as soloist and as a member musician. ABRSM Examinations – Mandeville is one of the best music school in Singapore for preparing for music exams with a 100% passing rate and over 80% scoring merits and distinction. Music Classes Formats Lessons are either conducted in a group setting or individual setting. No matter the lesson format you choose, we guarantee that your child will reap the benefits of each lesson to the fullest.
- Individual Lessons Individual lessons focus on taking on an individual student and propelling the individual forward with one-on-one focus and effort. Students on the individual programme will get maximum time, attention and care from our experienced teachers. They will be able to provide insight and focused training to propel your child to be a virtuoso.
- Group Lessons Group lessons are great for students to come together to learn about music in a fun and engaging way. On top of that, students can help each other in group lessons. Group lessons also provide students with the opportunity to learn from fellow students and grow together.