Collection and Use of personal data
- Personal data which students or customers provide when you visit our website or give to us voluntarily in any other way is stored by us. It includes personal data provided by you when you purchase a product from us or use our services, or through road shows, contests and promotions. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you may include name, residential address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender and date of birth.
- Such personal data will be used for the purpose for which it was granted by you and for related purposes such as to enable us to inform you about our products and services.
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision if the goods and/or services requested by you; verifying your identity; responding to, handling and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you; managing your relationship with us; processing payment or credit transactions; complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority.
- Generally, you can visit most parts of our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, some features and services may not be accessible unless certain personal data or information is supplied.
- Should you decide to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for any purpose, or access or correct your personal data, you may inform us at any time by sending a notification to our Administrator through the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
Withdrawing Your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such a time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we seek to process your request within 7 business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access To and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within 7 business days.
Information Captured Automatically
- As in many websites, when you view pages on our site, the web server automatically receives certain types of information from your computer including information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages you visit on our website, which site you came from or go to and the date and length of your visit. We may use and evaluate such information for the purposes of website administration and understanding our customers better.
Electronic Commercial Communication
- If you have provided us with your email address or mobile phone number, we may send you promotional and marketing materials via email, SMS or WhatsApp.
- You can choose not to receive such materials by informing us in writing.
- Mandeville Conservatory of Music does not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Mandeville Conservatory may disclose the information to service providers whom we engage to perform services on our behalf but this will strictly be for such purposes only and they will be required to keep the information confidential.
- We may disclose the information to our affiliates who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only where there is an arrangement between us which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
- We may also use and disclose your information if required by law or at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or email.
Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that us at least comparable to that provided by PDPA.
- If a child has provided us with personal data without the consent of his parent or guardian, the parent or guardian should email us to request the removal of the personal data.
- We encourage parents and teachers to be involved in their children’s internet activity. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when they are asked to provide personal information online.
- A cookie is a small data file that is written to your hard drive that contains information about your visit to a web page. This helps us to identify you and remember your preferences the next time you visit us. Only information that you have provided will be stored in the cookie, and only the site which created the cookie can read it. This does not allow it access to the rest of the computer. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may configure your browser not to accept them or to notify and require approval before accepting new cookies.
- Some web pages/sites may not function properly if the cookies are not accepted, or you may have to provide the same information each time you visit those pages.
- As information technology continues to evolve rapidly, no transmission of data over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While every effort is made to protect the privacy of our visitors, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to our website.
- If you use any User identification, password, personal identification number or other authentication information on our website, please ensure that such information is kept secure and that you do not share it with anyone. We cannot take responsibility for any security lapses or unauthorized third-party access arising from your failure to keep such information secure.
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. We strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Administrator if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or is you wish to make any request
- Contact Personnel: Junainah / Jennifer
- Contact No: 62501911
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Address: 101 Thomson Road, #03-21 United Square, Singapore 307591
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent classes that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.