Mandeville Junior (MJR) Group Courses
Mandeville Junior (MJR) offers courses for children from newborn to 5 years old. Click on the button below to learn more about the courses available:
Aural training is a fundamental criterion in the development of a complete musician. All music examination boards include aural tests as part of their examination assessment.
Aural groups are conducted 4-6 months before the Practical examinations.
1. Develops a comprehensive foundation for rhythmic skills
2. Develops a good sense of pitch
3. Develops critical listening skills
4. Develops vocal skills
5. Builds aural awareness on the different genres in the history of music
6. Develops ability to distinguish between the composers’ distinctive styles of writing
ABRSM’s Prerequisites for Practical Grade 6-8:
Grade 5 (or above) in Music Theory, Practical Musicianship or a Practical Grade solo Jazz subject
Don’t let prerequisites hinder your music journey! Be prepared early.
Through a systematic and simplified approach, our Theory Accelerated Group assists students achieve an ABRSM Grade 5 Theory certification *within a year.
*Subject to group progression
Stemming from Mandeville Conservatory’s emphasis on performance, Mandeville Violin Stars is a performance ensemble established in April 2011, providing a wider exposure to performances which enhances musicianship and stage confidence. Since its inception, the Violin Stars have not only performed in our in-house events (Mandeville’s concerts and celebrations, Singapore International String Conference, etc), but have also been invited to perform at many local and international venues.
– 2020: IMBS Technology Chinese New Year 20th Anniversary Lo-Hei Dinner @ Mandarin Orchard Singapore
– 2019: Library @ Esplanade
– 2019: Sarawak International Festival of Music and Arts (SIFMA)
– 2018: International Floral Landscape Association (IFLA) at Marina Bay Sands
– 2016: The President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards 2016
– 2016: Peranakan Charity Concerts hosted by The Project Intan
– 2015: Project EARTH Day
– 2013: American Club’s 2013 Prince and Princess Ball
– 2023: Collaborate and perform with ZUŠ Jižní Město Music School, Prague
– 2019: IMFA Gala Concert, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
– 2017: BoAi School, Taipei, Taiwan
– 2016: Collaborate and perform with Vienna Boys Choir, Vienna, Austria
– 2015: Goethe Haus, invitation by Bulgarian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia
– 2014: Friendship Concert, Hoa Nhac Hiru Nghi at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
– 2013: Cultural Exchange Concert at IMH Academy Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Easy Pop Keyboard Group: Learn to Play Pop Music
Are you a music enthusiast who loves pop music and aspires to play in a band? Look no further, because we have the perfect class for you!
Our Easy Pop class offers an exciting opportunity for you to learn and master pop music while playing in a band.
Instructor : Dianne Rivas
Upcoming Classes :
Sunday : 6:15 – 7:00 PM
Wednesday : 5:45 – 6:30 PM
This class is suitable for a wide range of participants, from children as young as 8 years old to adults. We warmly welcome individuals with or without prior music background, although having at least a Grade 2 experience is advantageous.
The class curriculum is designed to cater to both beginners & those with previous musical experience.
We offer an introductory level for those starting from scratch & an advanced level for individuals who already have experience in playing pop music. This allows students to progress at their own pace & ensures that everyone receives personalized coaching.
In our Easy Pop class, you will learn various aspects of pop music, including melody, rhythm, chord progressions, & performance techniques specific to the genre.
Our experienced instructor will guide you through the essentials of pop music theory & provide practical exercises to improve your skills.
Additionally, if you have a keen interest in joining a band, this class will equip you with the necessary knowledge & skills to fulfill that dream.
You will learn how to adopt pop music techniques to effectively contribute to the band’s sound.
Enroll today to explore the world of Easy pop music!
Mandeville Cello Stars is a performance group for cellists, offering more opportunities to perform and develop musical skills and stage confidence.
A wide array of uplifting repertoires of varying genres
Weekly group lesson with the assigned teacher