Mandeville Junior Group Courses
For information on our Mandeville Junior classes (Baby Violin, Piano Group, Preschooler, Mandeville Baby Stars), click here to access our Mandeville Junior (MJR) microsite.
Students attending the Piano Group class will learn the basic piano syllabus such as music theory, singing, sight reading, rhythm training, etc.
1. Weekly group lesson with the keyboard teacher (45 minutes)
1. To build a sound technical skill base
2. To learn basic music-reading ability and aural awareness
3. To develop tone production, colours and sonority so as to enhance the ability to communicate with an audience
Students attending the Violin Group class will learn the fundamentals of playing the violin such aural intonation, bowing techniques, maintaining good posture, etc.
1. Weekly group lessons of 45 minutes.
1. To provide a fundamental grasp of violin technique.
2. To develop aural awareness for quality tone production.
3. To focus on posture so as to build a sound foundation for future advanced violin techniques.
Group Programmes (Aural & Theory)
We offer Aural & Theory Accelerated Group programmes for our students at Mandeville. Students go through Aural classes as part of their preparation for the ABRSM exams. Our Theory Accelerated Group classes covers Grade 1-5 Theory for students. This is to assist our students in achieving a Grade 5 Theory so that they can proceed with Grade 6 (and above) Practical Exams.
Our violin performance ensemble, with the aim to provide exposure to performances, and to enhance valuable performance skills. More information down below.
Being a part of ensemble groups is one of the features of our student’s distinctive musical journey. Through such groups, our students develop a strong sense of camaraderie. With fellow musicians, everyone can appreciate the hard work, discipline the joy of performing together.
Our ensemble groups include: Cello, Guitar, Ukulele, Violin and Woodwind. View the schedule here.