Mandeville Junior (MJR) Group Courses
Mandeville Junior (MJR) offers courses for children from newborn to 5 years old. Click on the button below to learn more about the courses available:
Aural training is a fundamental criterion in the development of a complete musician. All music examination boards include aural tests as part of their examination assessment.
Aural groups are conducted 4-6 months before the Practical examinations.
1. Develops a comprehensive foundation for rhythmic skills
2. Develops a good sense of pitch
3. Develops critical listening skills
4. Develops vocal skills
5. Builds aural awareness on the different genres in the history of music
6. Develops ability to distinguish between the composers’ distinctive styles of writing
ABRSM’s Prerequisites for Practical Grade 6-8:
Grade 5 (or above) in Music Theory, Practical Musicianship or a Practical Grade solo Jazz subject
Don’t let prerequisites hinder your music journey! Be prepared early.
Through a systematic and simplified approach, our Theory Accelerated Group ensures students achieve an ABRSM Grade 5 Theory certification within a year.
Stemming from Mandeville Conservatory’s emphasis on performance, Mandeville Violin Stars is a performance ensemble established in April 2011, providing a wider exposure to performances which enhances musicianship and stage confidence. Since its inception, the Violin Stars have not only performed in our in-house events (Mandeville’s concerts and celebrations, Singapore International String Conference, etc), but have also been invited to perform at many local and international venues.
– 2020: IMBS Technology Chinese New Year 20th Anniversary Lo-Hei Dinner @ Mandarin Orchard Singapore
– 2019: Library @ Esplanade
– 2019: Sarawak International Festival of Music and Arts (SIFMA)
– 2018: International Floral Landscape Association (IFLA) at Marina Bay Sands
– 2016: The President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards 2016
– 2016: Peranakan Charity Concerts hosted by The Project Intan
– 2015: Project EARTH Day
– 2013: American Club’s 2013 Prince and Princess Ball
– 2019: IMFA Gala Concert, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
– 2017: BoAi School, Taipei, Taiwan
– 2016: Collaborate and perform with Vienna Boys Choir, Vienna, Austria
– 2015: Goethe Haus, invitation by Bulgarian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia
– 2014: Friendship Concert, Hoa Nhac Hiru Nghi at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
– 2013: Cultural Exchange Concert at IMH Academy Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia